WANT TO BECOME A CONTRACTOR AND DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START?
Here are some tips on how to do a career transition into self-employment:
Working from home has now given you a taste of freedom and life balance. You don’t want to give that up and return to the same old workday in the office. So, you’ve been thinking about becoming a contractor and want to find a way to make it happen!d make this world a better place. At the same time they want to do the work they love, and have the freedom to pursue interests and activities outside of work.
YOUR CAREER TRANSITION STARTS BY ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS
- What is it that is important to you in you daily work life that will give you the work life balance you are looking for?
- What do you really enjoy doing in terms of your work? What are your really good at?
- What is it that is stopping you from the transition to a new work life?
- What is the impact you want to make?
- What type of support do you need to do your best work? Who do you like to work with? Do you like being part of a team? Do you enjoy working with others? Do you do your best work alone? What physical environment do you need to succeed?
IF YOU GOT THIS FAR – STOP AND JOT DOWN YOUR THOUGHTS
Next, take a good look at questions one and five.
How do you want to live your life? How much does your work environment impact your daily life? What would your ideal work environment be and how does that support you in doing your best work?
Now lets take your answer from question three and turn it around.
Change your perspective from what’s stopping you to what opportunities you have.
Example: What’s stopping me is that I have an excellent benefits package and I need health coverage.
What opportunities do I have: (example)
- I can learn more about independent health care coverage
- Being self-employed may increase my gross income and I can afford to pay for health care
- I may find a part-time contract that provides me with some health care benefits
- My increase work/life balance will outweigh the financial burden of increased health care
This is just an example of how you can challenge yourself and change your perspective to uncover new opportunities and mitigate roadblocks and limited beliefs.
The answers to these questions will help you build the starting point and strategies for your career transition.
READY TO MAKE THE MOVE TO BE YOUR OWN BOSS?
Let’s get your started with the 2 Part Strategy Session.
Need more info – book a Free 15 min intro call or ring me at 778-558-8605 (also available on whats app)